La Costena Airlines - From Managua, Nicaragua's capital city
After clearing customs and immigration, exit the terminal and
walk to the left. Just a short walk to the end of the airport
terminal, you will find a separate terminal building for the
regional airlines which provide service to Bluefields, Big Corn
Island and Puerto Cabezas and others.
Reservations are required and can now be made
|SAMPLE ROUTE RATES FROM MANAGUA
|Managua - Corn Island
|Managua - Bluefield
|Managua - San Carlos
Allowance (Applicable to flights operated on Cessna Grand
- Checked baggage permitted: 1 piece with
maximum weight of 30 lbs./13.6 kgs and up to 45 linear inches /
114 cm. (length + height + width)
In addition you are permitted to carry with you in the cabin the
following items (restrictions apply):
- A lady’s handbag or purse
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A reasonable amount of reading material for
- Infant’s food for consumption in flight
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars
- A Laptop computer
- You may be required to check-in your
carry-on bag in case of limited space in the passenger cabin. If
this happens it is your responsibility to remove all items not
suitable for transportation as checked baggage
Excess baggage will be charged at $1.20 per pound and will be
considered standby bags.
- Surfboards: If you check them as part of
your free baggage allowance, you can take up to 2 surfboards per
flight. The charge is US$10 per surfboard each way. If you check
them as extra luggage, they are considered standby bags.
- Here are a few tips to pack your surfboards
that you may find useful: Fins must be removed; Neither clothing
nor any other articles are permitted inside the surfboard bags.
Damaged packaging and/or packaging not resistant to normal
handling are not accepted.
- Damaged surfboard are not accepted either.
Other sports equipment
If you choose to check sports equipment as part of your
regular baggage allowance and check another piece as excess
baggage, the sports equipment will be subject to
overweight/oversized baggage charges One of the following sports
equipment is permitted per passenger (US $1.20 per pound):
- Fishing: 2 fishing rods, 1 pair of boots, 1
- Golf: 1 golf club bag (up to 62 inches) with
up to 14 clubs, 12 golf balls and 1 pair golf shoes packed in
- Diving: 1 air regulator, 1pair rubber fins,
1 conventional harpoon, 1 diving mask, 1 wet suit, 1 weight belt
- Archery: 1 bow plus arrows
- Ski: 2 poles, 1pair each of skis, boots, and
You may not transport as part of your baggage:
- Windsurfing boards
- Surfboards exceeding 6.9ft/2.1mts in length
- Diving tanks
- Pack any and all valuable articles (money,
jewelry, electronic devices, etc.) in your carry-on baggage.
- Avoid excess baggage charges by complying
with weight and size requirements.
- Present any damaged baggage claims before
leaving the airport. Please note that LA COSTEŅA is not
responsible for minor damages, such as scratches, dents, lost
wheels, etc., caused by normal handling or overstuffed bags.
Go back to Nicaragua's Index
|Contact CentralAmerica.Com For Information & Reservations
© CentralAmerica.Com, Inc 2006 - 2014
All Rights Reserved