Join us at www.centralamerica.com as we look back over the past year in Central America in pictures and check out our top ten most popular Instagram photos of 2018.
We might have said this before but we love Instagram around here. Reason being, I guess, is because this Central American Isthmus is the most beautiful region in the world. It might have other issues, but physical beauty is not one of them, and travelers from all over the planet come here to marvel at – and take pictures of – our jungles, beaches, volcanoes, wildlife, and colonial towns.
And nowadays many travelers (most travelers?) have smartphones which they use to put those pictures onto Instagram.
Below you’ll see our top ten most popular Instagram photos of 2018.
How our Instagram account works is people tag us and we share as much as we can. We can’t be in all seven countries at once, so this is the fairest way to get pictures from all over the region.
That’s more a reflection on these countries being more traveled than other countries in the region, than Costa Rica and Guatemala being more picturesque. We’d love to see more pics from Panama, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, and Belize in 2019. Consider that a challenge!
In the meantime enjoy our top ten pics curated for your viewing pleasure.
10. Relaxing at the Tzampoc Resort on Lake Atitlan, Guatemala by Cappie’s Adventures. This guy tags us in a bunch of photos from all over Belize, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Honduras. But this one resonated most in 2018. Who doesn’t want to chill here on Lake Atitlan, the most beautiful lake in the world?
9. Same guy here again, Cappie’s Adventures. We told you the dude gets around. Here he is in Monteverde, Costa Rica, hanging off an awesome tree.
8. Dogs feature a lot on our Instagram page and it’s no surprise they’re the subject of some of our most popular images. Drone shots feature a lot, too. So when you get a drone shot of a dog on an SUP board in the Bocas del Toro, Panama, people will automatically love it. That’s the law. Thanks to Bocas Del Toro Productions for tagging us in this one.
7. Continuing with the drone shot theme, here we find ourselves with My Tan Feet above the town of La Fortuna, Costa Rica, the adventure capital of Central America. That’s Arenal Volcano looming in the background…
6. Lola the pig is an institution on Playa Avellanas in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. An absolute institution. We feel that F Edwards Carcamo captured Lola’s legendary status around these parts in the most perfect way.
5. Here’s another dog photo for your viewing pleasure. Our own contributor and fishing expert Justin DeBoom took this great pic in Jaco, Costa Rica, where he lives. You can check out more of Justin’s Instagram pics here.
2. Guatemala is representing in this top ten for 2018. Here we have another drone shot, this time of the colonial jewel otherwise known as Antigua. Thanks so much to Hanssel Guerra for this. Awesome!
1. Would you believe it? It’s our old friend Cappie’s Adventures again, this time playing with his drone over Lake Arenal, Costa Rica, while gente SUP below. To have three out of our top ten most popular Instagram photos of 2018 is nothing short of amazing. Cappie, we salute you, sir, and look forward to more in 2019!
That’s a wrap, then. Our most popular Instagram pics of the past year. If you live in Central America or plan to travel here next year, join the party! Follow us at Central America Living and just take pics and tag us. We’ll do the rest.
Happy New Year!
James Dyde is the editor of CentralAmerica.com. He lives in Escazu, Costa Rica.